Now I preface this all by saying that I can only recommend that you use these recipes with Young Living Essentials oils as they are carefully and cautiously grown and distilled for their therapeutic benefits. The oils listed are safe for ingestion and have no harmful synthetics or chemicals used in any of the process. This is guaranteed by our Seed to Seal commitment. Most oils that you can purchase are mass produced in a lab or commercial farms where profit is king. Not so with Young Living. Now that we've gotten that out of the way, on with the show!
For some people, holidays mean turkey, for others it means ham. For my family, it means both. That's right, we at The Oily Plunge don't settle for just a mere turkey we also bring out the big guns and have ham as well. Ours is typically a honey baked ham and cooked right along with the turkey. I have a feeling that this year's ham is going to be a big hit!
Orange Glazed Honey Ham
6 lb Ham with bone
1 Cup Honey
1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
1/2 Cup Orange Juice (fresh squeezed if you can)
2 Drops Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil
2 Drops Clove Essential Oil
3 Drops Orange Essential Oil
- COMBINE Honey, Maple Syrup, and Orange Juice into a Double Boiler. STIR to combine and bring to a boil.
- REMOVE from heat & add essential oils.
- LINE a roasting pan with foil and place Ham in the center.
- POUR the glaze over the top of the Ham.
- COOK the Ham according to the directions on the packaging.
- For the last hour of cooking, BASTE with the glaze from the bottom of the pan. REPEAT until the Ham is fully cooked.
- For the last 15 minutes of cooking, BROIL the Ham until it is golden brown.
Yields 12 servings.
Here are a few to get you started: