Einkorn-Lemon NingXia Sandwich Cookies Recipe By Kathleen Campbell
// window.ajaxurl = "http://ift.tt/21IzoT0"; //
Prep Time: 4 hours, 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 4 hours, 30 minutes
- 1 cup butter
- ⅔ cup honey
- 1 egg
- 20 drops Lemon Vitality™, as desired
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups Gary’s True Grit™ Einkorn Flour , sifted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons NingXia Red®
- ½ teaspoon red beet powder
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons powdered stevia
- 3 tablespoons organic powdered evaporated cane juice crystals (optional)
- 2 drops Lemon Vitality™, as desired (optional)
- Cream butter and honey. Add the other ingredients, adding the flour last, and mix until all ingredients are blended well. Cover and chill dough 3–4 hours before rolling.
- Preheat oven to 370°F. Roll out dough ⅓ inch thick and cut evenly. Bake approximately 8–10 minutes or until the edges are just starting to brown. Remove from oven and cool on wire racks.
- Beat cream cheese, butter, and NingXia Red in a large bowl with a hand mixer until blended. Add red beet powder coloring to your desired shade. Separately mix milk powder, cornstarch, and stevia until well blended. Add to cream cheese mixture gradually, beating after each addition, until blended.
- Put a dollop of filling on a cooled lemon cookie and place another cookie on top. Smooth edges if filling comes out. Refrigerate until served.
- Optional: Place organic powdered evaporated cane juice crystals in a sealable plastic bag. Add Lemon Vitality in the bag, close it, and shake it. Sift mixture on top of the cookies.
COPYRIGHT (C) 2016 - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED - YOUNG LIVING
via Young Living Blog http://ift.tt/1StQQnl