Your hair takes a beating from daily life. Dry air, pollutants, UV radiation, and styling can all tear at your tresses. So why not pamper your hair with a DIY hair mask? Check out this quick video that’ll teach you how to make a hair mask that will leave your hair touchably soft and smooth.
This simple recipe combines the moisturizing power of coconut oil and the sweet and clean aromas of Lavender and Rosemary essential oils to tame those frizzies and flyaways back into glossy, beautiful hair.
DIY hair mask infused with essential oils
- Small glass bowl
- Small saucepan
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 drops essential oil*
- Spray bottle of any size, filled with water
- Wide-toothed comb
- *We recommend 2 drops Lavender essential oil and 2 drops Rosemary essential oil
- Rest the rim of a small pot or glass cup inside the edge of a larger pot filled halfway with boiling water to act as a double boiler.
- Add coconut oil to the glass bowl and warm until liquefied.
- Add essential oils to the coconut oil.
- Mix the ingredients together. Let cool and slightly thicken.
- Put a towel over your shoulders to catch any drips.
- Dampen your hair with a spray bottle.
- Using your hands, apply the mixture to your hair and gently comb to disperse the mask.
- Let the mask sit for 30–60 minutes before rinsing.
- Wash and style your hair as usual.
COPYRIGHT (C) 2017 - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED - YOUNG LIVING
Looking for more ways to pamper yourself? Check out our DIY lotion bars and these six essential oils your skin will love.
What are some of your favorite essential oils for spoiling yourself? Let us know in the comments.
via Young Living Blog http://bit.ly/2ySznDO