Splish, splash, slide into the bath! These fun and adorable bath jellies make shower or bath time a party full of whimsical wiggles, fabulous fragrances, and playful pigments—and it’s easy to make them yourself with ingredients you may already have around the house. Add a dash of body glitter for an even lovelier lather. Let’s get jiggly with it!
DIY essential oil bath jellies
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
- Natural coloring
- An essential oil blend from our 5 splashy summer ideas below
- Silicone molds
- 2 packets unsweetened, unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup distilled water
- 1 cup unscented liquid soap
- Isopropyl alcohol in a spray bottle
- Whip the water and gelatin in a heat-safe bowl or pot and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Take off the heat and add the liquid soap. Stir until incorporated.
- Add 5-10 drops of natural coloring.
- Add 10-12 drops of essential oil. Try one of our cheerful blend ideas below!
- Pour the mixture into silicon molds.
- If bubbles form on the top of the liquid, spray with isopropyl alcohol to smooth the surface.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Add water and lather up!
- Store jellies in the refrigerator when not in use to prevent them from melting and losing their shape.
Splash-tacular Bath Jelly Blends
5 drops Orange essential oil
4 drops Stress Away essential oil blend
3 drops Copaiba essential oil
4 drops Citrus Fresh essential oil blend
4 drops Grapefruit essential oil
2 drops Tangerine essential oil
1 drop Peppermint essential oil
4 drops Jade Lemon essential oil
3 drops Neroli essential oil
2 drops Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood essential oil
2 drops Nutmeg essential oil
3 drops Jasmine essential oil
3 drops Lavender essential oil
2 drops Clary Sage essential oil
2 drops Patchouli essential oil
3 drops Valor® essential oil blend
3 drops Elemi essential oil
2 drops Northern Lights Black Spruce essential oil
1 drop Eucalyptus essential oil
Tip: Agar powder—a natural, vegetarian gelatin alternative—can be substituted for the gelatin in this recipe. However, citrus oils can interact with agar powder, and you might need more agar powder to achieve the same consistency as gelatin.
Put together a DIY gift basket filled with essential oil-infused goodies. Check out our DIY lotion bar recipe to get started, and then try your hand at these glam geode bath bombs.
What’s your favorite bath time indulgence to create at home using essential oils?
via Young Living Blog http://bit.ly/2L3rWP0