Most people know black pepper as an essential culinary spice—it brings a burst of flavor to simple and complex recipes. But did you know black pepper can enhance other areas of your life as well? Shake things up with Black Pepper essential oil.
Where does Black Pepper essential oil come from?
Before we dive in to how to use Black Pepper essential oil, here’s a bit of information about its origins. It’s produced from the fruit of the Piper nigrum plant, known to most of us as the peppercorn. Black Pepper is warm, spicy, and versatile—see how you can use it with our tips below!
What is Black Pepper essential oil used for?
The things Black Pepper CAN’T do might be a shorter list, but we’ll spare you the long version and pepper our favorite usage tips below!
1. Turn up the heat! Black Pepper is notoriously known for creating a warming sensation, thanks to constituents like limonene. On a chilly day, add a drop to your lotion and rub onto your hands and feet.
2. Spritz a relaxing scent. This oil might be peppy, but it adds a sophisticated spin to this cozy blend of oils. Ready to settle in for the night with a book or favorite show? Let peaceful vibes flow with this simple room spray filled with soothing essential oil scents.
8 ounces water
4 drops Lavender essential oil
3 drops Vetiver essential oil
3 drops Black Pepper essential oil
3. Make a marinade. Did you know Young Living has Black Pepper Vitality essential oil labeled specifically for internal use? Black Pepper Vitality is an ideal substitute for ground black pepper in your recipes. Try this Mediterranean marinade recipe to spice up your favorite proteins!
4. Warm up your cooldown! After you’ve crushed your workout, give your body what it kneads—a relaxing massage. We recommend adding a few drops of Black Pepper oil to your Ortho Ease® Massage Oil.
YL tip: Massages are great for warming up, cooling down, or simply relaxing. Switch up your massage experience by dabbling in different essential oil combos or try the Cel-Lite Magic massage oil.
5. Crack open a NingXia Zyng®. Need a pick-me-up without the sugar crash? Sip on some naturally caffeinated NingXia Zyng, flavored with Black Pepper and Lime essential oils, wolfberry puree, and fruit juices for an amazing, refreshing taste!
6. Get up and go! Power through afternoon slumps with awakening aromas! Simply diffuse 3 drops each of Peppermint, Orange, and Black Pepper essential oils.
8. Round out your recipes. A burst of flavor goes a long way in your homecooked meals. Add a drop of Black Pepper Vitality to soups, salad dressings, and meat dishes to have your family begging for seconds. Need a recipe for tonight? Try this heathy take on coleslaw!
9. Elevate the aroma! Let Black Pepper be your muse in the diffuser. It’s a go-to when creating your own diffuser blends. In the mood for sophisticated island vibes? Try this Tropical Spice blend of Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood, Clove, and Black Pepper!
Want to dive in to other Young Living favorites? Learn all about Rosemary essential oil and our popular Thieves® line on The Lavender Life.
Which of these is your favorite use for Black Pepper?
Tell us in the comments!
The post 9 next-level benefits of Black Pepper essential oil appeared first on Young Living Blog.
via Young Living Blog https://bit.ly/2pE32k9