Over the last 8, almost 9 years, that I've been in full-time missions with YWAM San Diego/Baja, my dad has been one of my biggest supporters and cheerleaders.
I was terrified when I met him for his birthday dinner way back in 2006 to tell him I was quitting my "real" job to move to Mexico.
My dad has always been a business man looking out to provide for his family and I was so sure he was going to talk me out of going especially since I finally had a "steady paycheck" and insurance.
But instead, he looked at me and said that if that is where God was leading then I needed to go!
From that moment on, he & my stepmom have been some of the hands that God has used to meet my physical, emotional & financial needs.
Thank you daddy, for being obedient, for letting me go, & for being there for me!! Our relationship hasn't always been the greatest but I'm so glad that God restores and gives back "the years the locusts have taken".
I love you!
I wish I could be there to celebrate you but I'll eat a taco on your behalf!
If you don't know my dad, what is one of your favorite birthday or dad memories? Share them below! I'd love to hear about them.
- God Gave Me a FitBig
- Unity, Not Division - Video Blog
- God Works in Mysterious Ways, Even Through Beef Jerky
- YWAM Ministry Spotlight: Homes of Hope, 25 Years Strong
- Weekend Plans?
- YWAM Ministry Spotlight: Preschool aka Out of the Mouths of Babes
- Intercession Can Be Fun
- YWAM Ministry Spotlight: Mission Adventures
- YWAM Ministry Spotlight: Zone Kids
- YWAM Ministry: The Red Light District; ZONA NORTE
- Serving Him Through The Everyday!
- Sometimes You Have To Wonder
Make sure you also check out all of the other stories through our YWAM Ministries.
Want to join us for the next quarter? Check out all of our awesome upcoming schools that you can be a part of! Head on over to our newly designed website to find out more. If you have questions, let me know!