While at the 2015 International Grand Convention, I had the privilege of giving out sample fragrance strips of the new Northern Lights Black Spruce essential oil at the Simply Oils booth. Members found the crisp, rich, woodsy aroma inviting and a welcome addition to their essential oil collections. I was also asked for my suggestions, and after experimenting with the oil, I found that there are so many ways to integrate this versatile and unique oil into my daily routine, including:
- Add Northern Lights Black Spruce to V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex and apply during massage.
- Diffuse or apply topically for a rich, woodsy, and invigorating aroma.
- Dilute and use with Aroma Siez™ or Cool Azul™ essential oil blends before, during, or after exercise.
- Apply topically to help maintain the appearance of healthy-looking skin.
- Add Epsom salt and a few drops of Northern Lights Black Spruce to bathwater for a relaxing, aromatic experience.
- Add to your skin care products to add a dimension of woodsy aroma.
Create Custom Blends Using Northern Lights Black Spruce:
Try incorporating Northern Lights Black Spruce into your custom blends to add an uplifting, woodsy scent. Here are a few suggestions that I’ve enjoyed creating:
Floral Spruce Blend
Diffuse this blend for a relaxing, slightly floral aroma.
- 5 drops Northern Lights Black Spruce
- 4 drops Jasmine
Use this rich scent during meditation or your sacred time to help support a sense of grounding and spiritual awareness.
Spruced-Up Skin Moisturizer
Treat your skin with this sweet, sensual, and uplifting aroma.
- V-6 Vegetable Oil Complex as desired
- 3 drops Northern Lights Black Spruce
- 2 drops Blue Cypress
- 2 drops Cedarwood
Another way to get even more of this unique oil is the Northern Lights Black Spruce 1st Distillation Kit. This kit includes a 10-ml bottle of essential oil and a 53-ml bottle of raw essential water, which is drawn from the very first distillation at our new Northern Lights farm in Canada. The limited-edition kit comes with a numbered certificate of authenticity, a commemorative booklet recounting D. Gary Young’s first experience with black spruce, and an additional free 5-ml bottle of Northern Lights Black Spruce.
The fragrant raw essential water is light and pleasant, and although it is not as concentrated or powerful as the essential oil, it can be used in a variety of ways:
- Fill a spritzer bottle and spray in your room or on your pillowcase.
- For hotter climates, use the fresh aroma as a cooling body spritzer.
- Add to a foot bath or bathwater.
- Diffuse in units that use water and oils.
- Pour on hot rocks in a sauna.
What’s your favorite way to use Northern Lights Black Spruce? Share with us in the comments!
—Heidi Jeanfreau, Young Living International and Portfolio Brand Manager
via Young Living Blog http://ift.tt/1XchgSI