Easy Cheesy Breadsticks Recipe By Sara Thomas
// window.ajaxurl = "http://ift.tt/21IzoT0"; //
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Total Time: 38 minutes
- 3 cups Gary’s True Grit™ Einkorn Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- ¾ cup coconut oil, solidified
- ½ cup aged white cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 minced garlic clove (optional)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup cold water
- 1 drop Black Pepper Vitality™ essential oil, as desired
- 2 drops Basil Vitality essential oil, as desired
- 1 drop Oregano Vitality essential oil, as desired
- Coarse salt for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix dry ingredients in large bowl. With two butter knives, cut in the solid coconut oil, mixing evenly. Add cheese and garlic, stirring thoroughly.
- Add cold water to beaten egg. Add essential oils to egg mixture.
- Make a crater in the center of the dry mixture and pour the egg mixture into the hole.
- Stir until a dough ball forms. Knead about 1 minute. Place on a floured board and roll into a rectangle shape, about 10x6 inches and about ½ inch thick. Use additional flour as needed.
- Parallel to the long edge, cut into 1 inch-thick strips. Gently twist two strips together into a braid. Place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15–18 minutes. Remove from oven. Immediately sprinkle coarse salt on top of braids. Allow to cool before handling.
COPYRIGHT (C) 2016 - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED - YOUNG LIVING
via Young Living Blog http://ift.tt/1StQQUa